Thursday, February 19, 2009

Sick of Sick! / Facebook

I thought we had everyone feeling better...but nope! I was tutoring up at the school yesterday morning and got the call that Jamie was running a fever. He has also been coughing like crazy and not sleeping well. We are headed to see Dr. H in a few minutes. I am hoping she will cast a magic spell over him and that it carries over to the rest of us. i am not feeling great again, either. Good Grief!

We have lots going on in the next few days and we need to be healthy. Tonight Austen has his last pack meeting for his Cub Scout troop. as of Saturday he will officially be a Boy Scout! Unbelieveable!

I started a new Bible Study. It is Beth Moore's study of the book of Daniel. It is soooo awesome. Everyone needs this. The basic gist of it is Living a life of integrity in this world where overindulgence and self absorption is rampant. I am excited to meet tonight and see what comes next. I have to finish my homework first, though. Whoops!

Tomorrow I am going on a Women's retreat with Cindy and lots of other ladies from Trietsch. The focus is The Five Love Languages and the other peripheral books that have stemmed from that. It should be a fun and rewarding weekend!

I signed on with Facebook last week and have been not so impressed with it (Okay, I haven't given it too much of a chance yet) BUT... I did hear from an old neighbor from Az. who I had massive crush on for years...yes years. He has a long time wife and two precious kids. It is so neat to hear from somebody like that after so long. He had more to do with us than just my silly crush after I developed hormones. He and his brothers and my brothers and I would play everyday. we had rock wars in the desert and swam and played all the time. His family was actually nice enough to take in our old but very loving dog when we moved to Texas.

I also like that I can get a glimpse into my cousins on the east coast and stuff too. But I need to give it more of a chance if I am going to get "hooked" like everyone I know is. It is still an afterthought for me.

OKay folks....off to Dr. Harpavat. I will update you soon. XOXOX

No comments:

Post a Comment