Monday, February 23, 2009

Weekend update

What a fun weekend! Friday night I left my brood and headed to a local hotel to meet with a big group of Christian women for the Trietsch women's retreat. I shared a room with Cindy and a couple of my new friends from Bible Study. Friday and Saturday were both awesome! I left feeling so great.



Saturday night I headed straight from the hotel to Austen's Blue and Gold banquet for Cub Scouts. It is a very long celebration and in the past, we have always been able to cut out early because we have had little ones to get to or someone is sick or something. This tine, we were blessed with my parents keeping Little and Middle so we didn't need to worry about them and Austen's group was last to go in the ceremony since they were the oldest. So we stayed the whole time....Whoo! We were so proud to see our little guy cross that bridge and become a eal BOY SCOUT! The boys from the troop he is jopining were there to welcome him and the other Webelos who are joining that pack. Really it was cool! Austen felt like hot stuff! I have pics to upload and post later.

Speaking of Aussie being a big boy, he had aloose tooth last week and he told me that it must have come out without him noticing. This was Friday morning. I told him what I always do when we have no tooth to put under the pillow, "Just write the tooth Fairy a note and I'm sure she will still leave you something." Well, I forgot to forward this info. on to Chris who was home with the Guys on Friday night. Last night I remembered and had Chris do a little recon. work to see if the tooth Fairy had been summoned and failed to show. But Austen told Chris he wasn't going to write a note and shrugged off the whole Tooth Fairy thing. I couldn't believe it! He is the ultimate believer in Everything! I guess he's growing up, whether I like it or not. (smile)

The boys were all excited to have aboys night with Daddy on Friday. I asked them what they did when I got home and they were eager to share that Daddy took them to Toys R Us and bought new Nerf guns and they had Nerf Wars in the house. Cool Dad!

Jamie update: The antibiotics have kicked in and he is feeling much better! Allright I have a housefull of kiddoes right now so I had better go supervise. i will post pictures as soon as I can get back on here.

No comments:

Post a Comment